21 Dec My drunken thesis on Bitcoin and psychology
Bitcoin seems to reward a certain type of psychology. This is good for the future.
It rewards people (HODLers) who:
- see technology as a force for good
- see governmental/military backing of monetary value as bad
- have keen foresight
- have grueling patience
- are true believers in blockchain technology and are unemotional about volatility in price
- are more concerned with preserving value than with greed
- can withstand sharp criticisms from seasoned professionals (i.e. Warren Buffett) who may be beyond their years
- are underground and defiant (consider the origins)
- maintain an obsessive interest in potentials
- can communicate memetically
The people who have these characteristics seem to benefit the most in this domain.
(Any others I haven’t thought of?)